Airdeny Chalets is committed to providing good quality service to its guests while also minimising the environmental impact of its activities. As a symbol of this commitment we have been awarded Gold status by the Green Tourism Business Scheme. By encouraging sustainable practises it ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment for future generations. As part of our commitment to going green we:
• buy organic/Fair-trade products
• try to shop locally to source our requirements
• try to buy or use recycled products.
• use energy saving light bulbs in our home
• use a Geothermal Heat Pump to heat our home
• recycle all appropriate waste
• use environmentally friendly cleaning products
• use ‘A’ rated appliances where possible
• collect rainwater to water the vegetable garden
• restrict water flow to taps
• use a reed bed as part of our sewage system
• offset the carbon emission incurred by our car.